A number of gas upgrading technologies have been developed for the treatment of natural gas, town gas, sewage gas, landfill gas etc. However, not all of them are recommended for the application with biogas because of price and/or environmental concerns. The up gradation of biogas is done by increasing percentage of methane, and this can be done by removal of CO2 and H2S, and moisture and other composition degrading gas quality.
The most preferred methods of Gas Upgrading are:
- VPSA ( Vacuum pressure swing adsorption)
- Water Scrubbing.
- Membrane separation.
What GGE prefers and Why?
VPSA (Vacuum pressure swing adsorption)
Biogas is typically composed of 60% methane and 40% CO2. It is similar to natural gas which is composed of 99% methane.
GGE provide a solution of high percentage of methane in our biogas after up gradation and this is done with VPSA method.
In VPSA At high pressure, selected molecules are trapped in an adsorbent medium and are released at low pressure. The adsorbent is either zeolites (crystalline polymers), carbon molecular sieves or activated carbon. Depending on the adsorbent and operating pressure used, CO2, O2 and N2 can be adsorbed while methane passes through. After adsorbing targeted molecules the raw biogas flow is turned off for an instant, the pressure is released and the targeted molecules “let go” of the adsorbent and are evacuated as reject gas. Raw biogas flow is turned on, pressure is increased and the cycle starts again.
Why VPSA prefer and make a difference:
- Simple design & operation.
- Consistent purity of gas is achieved.
- Clean process requiring very less floor area
- Dry product gas is produced.
- Smaller and Medium capacities favour PSA systems in terms of economics.
GGE Can Provide Economical Turn Key Solutions & Equipment for the following:
- Consultancy for selection of technology and Equipment.
- VPSA Equipment.
- Compressors up to 200 bar pressure.
- Cascades suitable for 160 bar pressure for gas storage and distribution.
- O&M of the Plant.
- Training of your Manpower.